The best “white” restorations are CEREC® 3D Life-like Porcelain
I feel we can deliver the best restoration in the world, because with CEREC®:
- Same Hardness as Tooth: CEREC® fillings wear the same as your natural teeth structure and will not form a ditch at the margins nor abrade the opposing teeth.
- Same Coefficient of Thermal Expansion: CEREC® restorations expand and contract the same amount as the tooth structure to which it is bonded and does not fracture the tooth structure that holds it, as many amalgam fillings do (see photos).
- Same Translucency as Teeth: CEREC® blends in and transmits light to the adjacent tooth structure and reflects the remaining tooth color through itself – “chameleon effect”.
- Generally Made in One Visit – No Second Visit:
- No lost time or hassle getting to and from the office just to insert the completed crown or redo a lab error.
- No temporary crowns to come off or feel unnatural in your mouth, while you wait 1-2 weeks for the lab work to be done.
- The “Impression” is made by taking an optical picture in seconds.
- No more biting for 6 minutes on that gloppy, unpleasant tasting impression material.
- All CEREC® restorations are CAD/CAM Precision Milled in our office from Factory Manufactured porcelain blocks in 9 to 16 minutes, polished and fit in your mouth in minutes and bonded to strengthen the remaining healthy tooth structure.
- Natural Tooth is Preserved: More of the natural tooth is preserved than the alternatives of cutting the teeth down to a small peg and making a crown, and the tooth is actually strengthened.
- Lighter Appearance: The camera flash also lightens the appearance of the porcelain since this porcelain transmits and reflects light.
- Designed to Last a Lifetime: With over 25 years of research* behind the materials we use and my experience with it, I am so confident that these should last for more than a decade.
- If the porcelain breaks or fails, replacement is at a much reduced charge as long as you keep all of your 6-month checkup and cleanings on-time with us. If another part of the tooth breaks/decays, there will be a reduced charge to make a larger CEREC® porcelain replacement.
- CEREC® Crowns & Porcelain Inlay/Onlay Restorations cost more than cheaper composite or amalgam fillings because they are the best restoration available today. Even the best placed white composite filling lasts only 3 to 7 years*. When a composite or amalgam has to be redone, more tooth is lost due to decay or tooth fracture and you will pay again for a larger filling and possibly a root canal and crown if the pulp is affected.
* Research available on request
CEREC® is a registered trademark of Sirona Dental Systems